Los Angeles Kings Booster Club
THE LOS ANGELES KINGS BOOSTER CLUB, INC.
RULES OF CONDUCT
ARTICLE I. PURPOSE
The purpose of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club lnc. ("Booster Club") is to support the Los Angeles Kings Hockey team and the general promotion of ice hockey in Southern California. The Booster Club does not function for the self-promotion, self-indulgence, manipulation, or personal or professional gain of any member. All activities by members should be conducted with the purpose of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, Inc., in mind.
ARTICLE II. CONDUCT
1) Only authorized activities should be undertaken by members of the Booster Club in conjunction with the Booster Club. Activities that are authorized must be either approved beforehand by the Board of Directors or a specific officer, or by written guidelines found in the Articles of lncorporation or Bylaws of the Booster Club.
2) No member of the Booster Club shall retain, convert, sell, exchange, proffer, or substantially alter any properties on behalf of the Booster Club, without express written consent of the Board of Directors or an officer of the Booster Club. There may from time to time, occur bailer-bailee relationships whereby members of the Booster Club are asked or allowed to retain items belonging to the Booster Club or the Los Angeles Kings hockey team, such as hand-outs for the games. These items, among all others, which may fall into the hands of any member of the Booster Club, are included in the above-mentioned description of "property."
3) All promotional activities of the Booster Club in which members participate are privileges, which can be withdrawn, unless otherwise expressly stated and are not rights under any law, the Articles of lncorporation, or the Bylaws of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc. Those privileges include but are not limited to: road trips, Los Angeles Kings hockey team functions, hockey watches, tailgate parties, parades or exhibitions, meetings, handling, selling or distributing items of memorabilia or connection to the Los Angeles Kings hockey team, and any other function or event that deals with, involves or is generated from the presence or activities of any of the Los Angeles Kings hockey team management or players.
4) All members will conduct themselves within the confines of the law, the Bylaws of the Booster Club, and the Rules of Conduct whenever participating in functions that are sanctioned or approved by the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc. Members will abstain from participating from participating in rowdy, belligerent, profane, disturbing, harassment, unsportsmanlike, ungentlemanly, or otherwise inappropriate activities during any Booster Club event, on social media, or during any activities with which the Booster Club might reasonably be identified, including but not limited to using profane, antagonistic, abusive or other offensive language, physically pushing, bullying, grabbing, or offensively touching another person. Becoming intoxicated or under the influence of any drug, legal or illegal, to such a degree that persons or property are in danger of harm or discomfort, or to such an extent that the Booster Club might reasonably be legally liable or held to ridicule, embarrassment, mistrust, lack of credibility, harassment, or derogation of principle.
5) All members will conduct themselves in the recognition that their actions may reasonably reflect upon the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., the Los Angeles Kings hockey team owners, management, players, organization, The STAPLES Center, Toyota Training Center, and the city of Los Angeles.
6) No member of the Booster club shall undertake to contact any member of management, player, coach, or other representative of the Los Angeles Kings hockey team, by telephone, letter, any electronic communication method (i.e. email, text..), in person or in any other manner, identifying him/herself as a member of the Booster Club, or in connection with the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., without the express written consent of an officer of the Board of Directors of the Booster Club.
7) No member of the Booster Club shall conduct any activity designed or reasonably likely to endanger the health, safety, personal or professional standing, or the welfare of any member of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., Los Angels Kings hockey team, including players and management, or The STAPLES Center, Toyota Training Center and ifs affiliates.
8) No member shall conduct any activity in any manner designed or reasonably likely to subtravert harm, denigrate, or mitigate the purpose of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., as enunciated in these Rules of Conduct, the Articles of lncorporation, or the Bylaws of the Booster Club, or the operations, welfare or standing of the Los Angeles Kings hockey team in the community.
9) Any member witnessing a violation of the spirit or letter of any law, Rule of Conduct as enunciated herein, Bylaws, or principle of the operation of the Booster Club by another member of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., shall immediately notify the Board of Directors or one of the officers of the Booster Club.
ARTICLE III. DISCIPLINARY ACTION
Any member of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc. who violates any rule enumerated above, or who fails to comply with the spirit and letter of these Rules of Conduct, under the laws of the state of California, or the Bylaws of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., will be subject to disciplinary action by the Board of Directors of the Booster Club, pursuant to California Corporation code 7341, as amended which may include any or all of the following disciplinary action:
Any member of the Los Angeles Kings Booster Club, lnc., whose membership or privileges in the Booster Club has been revoked or suspended will not be entitled to a refund of any contribution or membership fee, which he or she has paid for the purposes of membership in the Booster Club, subject to the decision of the Board of Directors.
Disciplinary action against any member of the Booster Club shall be conducted pursuant to Section 6.6 of the Booster Club's Bylaws. A copy of section 6.6 of said Bylaws is attached below for your review.
ARTICLE IV. MISCELLANEOUS
1. These Rules of Conduct may be amended from time to time at the discretion of the Board of Directors
2. All members shall receive a copy of the Rules of Conduct upon payment of appropriate membership fees, in the annual membership kit, and can be found on the LAKBC.COM website.
THE LOS ANGELES KINGS BOOSTER CLUB, INC., EXCERPT FROM THE BYLAWS
SECTION 6.6 Procedure for Expulsion or Suspension. lf grounds appear to exist for expulsion or suspension of a member under Section 6.5 (c) of the Bylaws, the procedure set forth below shall be followed:
(a) The member shall be given 15 days prior notice of the proposed suspension or expulsion and the reasons for the proposed suspension or expulsion. Notice shall be given by any method reasonably calculated to provide actual notice. Any notice sent by mail shall be sent first class and registered mail to the member's last address as shown on the corporations records.
(b) The member shall be given an opportunity to be heard, either orally or in writing, at least five days before the effective date of the proposed suspension or expulsion. The hearing shall be held, or the written statement considered by the Board or by a committee person authorized by the Board to determine whether the expulsion or termination should take place.
(c) The board, committee or person shall decide whether or not the member should be expelled, suspended or sanctioned in some other way. The decision by the Board, committee or person shall be final.
(d) Any action challenging an expulsion, suspension or termination of a membership, including a claim alleging defective notice, must be commenced within one year after the date of expulsion, suspension or termination.